CALGARY – Joanna Jedrzejczyk has no intention of leaving the UFC strawweight division before getting another opportunity to put the title belt around her waist.

Following consecutive losses to champion Rose Namajunas, Jedrzejczyk (15-2 MMA, 9-2 UFC) has made it clear she wants a trilogy. She took a promising leap toward that with a unanimous-decision victory over Tecia Torres on Saturday at UFC on FOX 30.

Namajunas (7-3 MMA, 5-2 UFC) said she would not consider fighting Jedrzejczyk, who she knocked out in the first round at UFC 217 in November and outpointed to a decision win at UFC 223 in April, until the Polish ex-champ publicly admitted she’s the superior competitor.

To no surprise, Jedrzejczyk isn’t willing to do that.

“I will not do this,” Jedrzejczyk told reporters, including MMAjunkie, at the UFC on FOX 30 post-event news conference. “Never ever. She wants my honor? She must earn that. If she’s going to run, they’re going to make an interim belt. She was saying that she’s afraid Conor McGregor will show up again and make a mess like he did before Brooklyn. He’s not going to do this. Don’t be afraid, Rose. Come on. Just fight. Just face the best.”

After a nearly three-year reign as 115-pound champ, Jedrzejczyk competed in her first non-title bout since December 2014 when she faced Torres (10-3 MMA, 6-3 UFC). It was a convincing victory by Jedrzejczyk, with 30-27 scores across the board in the FOX-televised contest at Scotiabank Saddledome in Calgary, Alberta, Canada.

There are zero previous instances in which one fighter has lost two title bouts to the same opponent and the UFC has booked a third contest. Jedrzejczyk believes she should be the exception because of her resume and previous long reign atop the division.

“Rose saying that she will give me the third fight after I will say that she is the best? No way,” Jedrzejczyk said. “Maybe you beat me, and you’re the champion, and you won, but your legacy is not that big. You should bow down because I am the queen. I give her respect.”

Whether it was Jedrzejczyk or someone else in the division, it doesn’t appear Namajunas is fit to fight anyone at the moment. The champion is apparently dealing with an injury that will likely keep her out for the rest of the year.

Jedrzejczyk has some questions about the legitimacy of Namajunas’ injury. She theorizes that Namajunas is doing whatever she can to avoid a fight against her and said if she stays out too long the UFC should make an interim belt.

“What I’m hearing is that she’s not really injured,” Jedrzejczyk said. “Maybe she is. I don’t know. Maybe she is injured, so I am sorry. I give her credit. She’s the champ. … If she’s injured, OK. But if she’s just playing, and she just wants holiday, let UFC know that. ‘I want a holiday, I want a break.’ Let UFC make an interim belt, and let’s fight for the belt.”

Regardless of how the situation plays out, Jedrzejczyk is absolutely determined to regain the title she held for so long. She’s defeated all comers in her weight class outside of one person, and deep down she believes she is superior to Namajunas.

“I will chase you,” Jedrzejczyk said. “I will chase the belt. I will chase you until the next fight. … I will become a champion again.”

For complete coverage of UFC on FOX 30, check out the UFC Events section of the site.